Santa Barbara Personal Injury Lawyers
More than 40 years of recovering millions for our clients
With more than four decades of experience handling personal injury cases on behalf of Californians, the injury attorneys at Pulverman & Pulverman, LLP in Santa Barbara know how to maximize compensation for people hurt by others’ negligence. Whether your injury resulted from a car accident, a fall on someone’s poorly maintained property or a product defect, our attorneys will battle to get the payment you deserve from the liable parties. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients over the years and welcome the opportunity to help you, too.
Types of cases we handle
The City of Santa Barbara has a population of approximately 90,000, with hundreds of thousands more residents throughout the county. Locals and visitors alike enjoy the views of the Pacific against the steep heights of Santa Ynez Mountains, but with so much activity, things are bound to occasionally go wrong. Our firm pursues justice for victims of someone else’s negligence or willful misconduct in cases related to the following:
- Vehicle accidents — In all types of auto accident claims, including those brought after collisions involving trucks and motorcycles, we handle negotiations with insurers, as well as jury trials if a favorable settlement cannot be reached.
- Premises liability — Slip and fall incidents and other injuries that occur on unsafe premises can lead to broken bones, back problems and traumatic brain injuries. If you got hurt because a property owner or manager failed to take reasonable safety measures, our attorneys will press to hold the defendant accountable.
- Dog bites — Victims of dog bites who require medical treatment are typically entitled to damages from the pet’s owner under California law, even if there was no previous reason to believe the animal was dangerous.
- Defective products — If you were injured due to a defect in a product, we can bring a product liability action against the at-fault manufacturer, designer or seller.
- Wrongful death — Bereaved family members are never the same after a wrongful death, but our firm represents plaintiffs so that they can collect damages that cover final expenses, income the victim would provided and the loss of companionship suffered by loved ones.
Whether your incident occurred in Mission Canyon, The Mesa or anywhere else in the Santa Barbara area, we will litigate aggressively on your behalf.
Why you need an experienced lawyer
No matter how justified you are in seeking compensation from the liable party in a personal injury case, retaining an experienced personal injury attorney is essential if you want to maximize the likelihood of a successful result. Our attorneys handle each element of your legal claim, including:
- Investigating the incident thoroughly
- Obtaining and preserving evidence for potential use at trial
- Locating and interviewing potential witnesses
- Identifying all potential defendants
- Advising on an appropriate settlement demand based on the facts and similar cases
- Hiring expert witnesses to bolster your claim
- Making sure that all deadlines are met and legal documents are filed correctly
- Negotiating with defense lawyers and insurance companies for a favorable settlement
- Advocating for you in court if no suitable settlement can be reached
From start to finish, you can count on us to keep you informed about your options and case developments as we work diligently to secure the compensation you deserve.
Damages you might be eligible to collect
Some damages in a personal injury case seem fairly straightforward, such as reimbursement for doctor’s bills, but others can be difficult to quantify without knowledgeable advice from a California personal injury attorney. We can explain what type of compensation you can expect for your pain and suffering, emotional anguish, loss of enjoyment of life and other noneconomic damages based on the facts in your case. You are entitled to payment for medical expenses, lost income and rehabilitation costs, but you should never agree to a settlement without consulting with a qualified lawyer because even an offer that seems to cover your current bills might not provide for future losses stemming from your injury-related condition.
You don’t pay attorney’s fees unless you receive compensation
Hiring our firm means you never have to worry about paying attorney’s fees up front. We work on a contingency basis, so all fees are based on a percentage of the compensation you recover through a verdict or settlement. You do not pay us anything unless and until you receive payment for your injuries.
How long do you have to file a lawsuit in California?
In most cases, a personal injury victim has only two years from the date of the incident to file a lawsuit under California’s statute of limitations. There are, however, some limited exceptions. For example, the deadline is paused for someone who is in a coma or mentally incapacitated. Likewise, the statute of limitations for injuries to minors only begins to run when they turn 18, but parents can file a claim on their behalf before that. Claims against government entities have a shorter claim notification period. Hesitating to take legal action can have negative effects, as locating the evidence and witnesses needed to develop the strongest possible legal argument becomes more difficult over time.
Contact a proven California personal injury lawyer for a free consultation
Pulverman & Pulverman, LLP in Santa Barbara represents clients in personal injury claims throughout Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties. For a free consultation with an experienced lawyer, please call 805.259.3581 or contact the firm online.