Steps to Take After an Accident in Santa Barbara
Your California resource on auto accident safety and tips on what to do after your accident
An auto accident affects the accident victim, and his or her family. The personal injury and wrongful death attorneys at Pulverman & Pulverman, LLP guide you through the legal process and advise you on the steps to take after an auto accident in and around Santa Barbara. Immediately after a crash, take the following actions:
- Get medical help if you are hurt as soon as possible.
- Contact the police immediately. The police generate a report that provides proof of the accident and allows for an immediate investigation of the accident scene. Police take witnesses’ statements and examine the other driver to check for drug or alcohol use. The police can also be valuable witnesses to your injury at the scene and can assist in securing an admission of fault from the negligent driver.
- Never apologize.
- Get the names of witnesses and their contact information.
- Take pictures of your vehicle and the other vehicles in the accident.
- Take pictures of the accident location.
- Report your claim to your insurance company but do not give statements about the accident.
- Contact us as soon as you can
We handle every aspect of your claim
At Pulverman & Pulverman, LLP our attorneys in Santa Barbara handle all aspects of your claim so you can concentrate on recovering. We file the necessary documents in time. Our auto accident law firm performs an extensive investigation to preserve crucial evidence and locate the expert witnesses necessary to pursue your case.
We work to settle your claim out of court by negotiating with your insurance company, third parties who may be responsible and those who caused your injury. If a settlement cannot be reached, we advise you on the feasibility of filing a lawsuit. If we pursue litigation, we aggressively fight for your rights and recovery.
Handling your motor vehicle accident cases in California
If you or a family member has been injured in an auto accident, call Pulverman & Pulverman, LLP at 805.259.3581 or contact the firm online to schedule a free consultation.